Full Moon in Aquarius
7th of August 2017
Intention Ritual: Letting Go of Limitations
When the sunset hits and welcomes the evening night, is the proper time to exercise this meditation. It would be excellent if you find a quiet spot outside, free from distractions and in direct connection with nature, the sky and the Moon. However, if you cannot be outside, try finding a quiet place indoors.
1. Create a sacred space. Find a quiet place to sit.
2. Clear your energy. Imagine standing under a silver waterfall and allow all negative and non-serving energies to be washed away.
3. Light the candle, fill one small bowl with water – place both in front of you, along with the other empty bowl.
4. Take a few deep breaths, centre yourself and then begin to write on the piece of paper what you wish to release from your life, what limiting beliefs you want to be free from, what no longer serves you or what you want to let go of.
5. When you have finished your list, sign and date the page.
6. Breathe deep into your heart and declare “I now let this go. And it is so.” Then place one corner of the piece of paper over the candle allowing the flame to light your page (throw the page into the empty bowl as it burns) watching the flames consume what you are releasing, the smoke taking your intention to the Universe.
7. Then place your hands in the bowl of water. Signifying cleansing of the old and opening to the new.
8. Remove your hands from the water and take a deep breath.
9. Focus on the present moment and repeat to yourself, with open eyes: “I honour that which I am capable of becoming”.
10. Sit in silence for a moment. You may want to keep your candle burning for a while as you sit, allowing inspiration to spark.
*”Om Navah Shivaya”
Breathing and Meditation Techniques
MINDFUL BREATHING. This technique helps to develop awareness and sensitivity. It relaxes the mind, bringing it into the present moment. It develops the virtue of patience. The breath is the object of concentration.
Sit quietly and comfortably with the eyes closed and the spine and head straight, but not tense. Relax the body. Relax the breathing. Relax the mind. Mentally repeat and contemplate the following affirmation 3 times:
“I honour that which I am capable of becoming”
Relax the breathing, allowing the body to breathe naturally on its own.
Become aware of the nose and observe the sensation of breath as it comes in and out.
Do not try to control it, just observe it.
Let each breath remind you to stay centred and present in the now.
Be in the present moment with the breath.
Now begin counting the breaths backwards from 50 down to 20.
As you exhale mentally count 50, As you inhale mentally count 49, As you exhale mentally count 48, As you inhale mentally count 47, Keep counting your breathes but without controlling it, Observe the breath as it passes through the nostrils and simply count.
If you catch the mind drifting away from the counting, gently bring it back.
When you reach 20 start counting only when you exhale.
Has you exhale count 19, and inhale, Has you exhale count 18, and inhale, Has you exhale count 17, and inhale Keep counting the breaths until you reach zero.
When you reach zero stop counting, but continue to be aware of the breathing.
Observe each breath as it goes in, and as it comes out.
Continue to observe the breath as it passes through the nostrils, but do not count the breaths. Do not try to control it, just observe it. Let each breath remind you to stay centred and present in the now.
Feel the sensation of air as it comes in and pushes out through the nose. Be in the present moment with the breath. Breath to breath, moment to moment. If you catch the mind drifting away from the counting, gently bring it back.
You may find yourself naturally relaxing. Your breathing may become deeper and slower. Allow this process to take place naturally. Continue breathing attentively for a few minutes or longer.
Sit quietly and comfortably with the eyes closed and the spine and head straight, but not tense.
PALMING. Rub the palms of the hands together vigorously until they become hot. Place the palms over the eyes without any undue pressure. Repeat the affirmation:
“I honour that which I am capable of becoming”
Repeat the affirmation a second time and as you repeat the affirmation, feel the warmth and healing energy being transmitted from the hands to the eyes. Hold for a few moments.
Then repeat it again for a third time and feel the healing energy being transmitted from your hands to your eyes and then to your head.
Feel the body becoming healthy and strong. Feel the healing energy being transmitted to the mind. Feel the mind becoming enlightened, Feel the healing energy being transmitted to the soul. Feel the divinity awakening in the soul. Feel your whole being connected with the universe. Feel at one with the universe, Feel love all around, inside and out. Feel inner peace and happiness.
Then open your eyes and slowly lower the hands down the face, letting the light in slowly. Rub you hands over your whole body, Feel the healing energy circulating around the whole body, healing all sickness and pain. Feel stronger, healthier, happy and content. Observe this feeling for a few moments.
At the end of meditation it is recommended that you lie down and simply observe the beauty and joy of the present moment. This is the feeling of inner peace and happiness.
While meditating we are practising being in balance and harmony, so that we have a good idea of where we are heading and what it is meant to feel like. The goal is to train the mind to maintain this awareness in every moment, so that throughout the ups and downs of daily life, we spontaneously create peace and harmony.
Remember, practice makes perfect. Contemplate this for a few moments before you finish.
Adapted from Himalaya Yoga 2007
CRYSTALS: clear quartz crystal, green aventurine, blue aventurine, moonstone.
OILS: almond oil, patchouli, lavender
INCENSE: frankincense and sandalwood